16/03/2013

ILLUSTRATION STYLES - Scans of sketchbook...

Probably one of the most spontaneous piece of work I had produced, and yet one of my favorites.  I think this was successful because of the colours used; the browns gave it a realistic, earthy feel, while the other colours aided the image in creating a strong contrast.
This was an image I had tried to replicate by layering promarkers. I think the hair, in particular  was successful, however, I think it still lacks a realistic feel.
Here I tried to replicate a section from the work of graphic illustrator Stella Im Hultberg, using a mix of tea stains, ink and watercolour. I love effect it had; despite using such harsh blacks and greens, it still maintains its soft, delicate, feminine look and feel.











































No comments:

Post a Comment