14/03/2014

ILLUSTRATION: Dolce and Gabbana using Make-up!

Hello all! Another Dolce and Gabbana (Autumn/Winter) inspired illustration hot off the press!Absolutely loving this collection lately and just can't seem to help myself to not be inspired by the intricate jewellery, delicate lace and flawless make-up. So with that in mind, I thought I would use cosmetics as the media on white watercolour paper, and the results aren't too bad - even if I do say so myself!

This was probably one of the most fun illustrations I have produced in a while - and what felt like one of the freest. Perhaps because I wasn't expecting much from this new media or perhaps just because I was experimenting but one I definitely wouldn't mind trying again. This was part of my 'Visual Studies' module as one of the sample pieces in an Illustration project and although the media wasn't the one I stuck with, it was one of the better ones.

So to create this illustration, I used a selection of cosmetics ( - all while being careful as to not use anything pricey and yet use products that have the right consistency/pigmentation/application etc... ), after having roughly mapped out the face and proportions with pencils - as always.

The products used are as follows:
1) Sleek nail varnish: Coffee, Tea or Me
2) Rimmel nail varnish: Caramel Cupcake
3) Gosh quattro eye shadow: 32 Evergreen
4) Sleek pout paint: 160 Pinkini
5) Barry M waterproof eyeliner: Bold Silver
6) Sleek face form palette: Medium 374
7) MUA extreme eyeliner - Black
8) Sleek eye palette: Oh So Special 658
9) GOSH the ultimate eyeliner - with a twist - Raw Grey
10) Barry M nail varnish - Gold Glitter 339
11) Active Cosmetics eye palette ---
12) Barry M nail varnish - Pink Iridescent 264
13) Maybelline Super Stay nail varnish - Divine Wine 265
14) Revlon nail varnish: 025 Plum Night
15) Colour Club green nail varnish -----

All products applied using a selection of Real Techniques brushes.
Time taken: 4 hours approx.


2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning!

    Erin | Miss Scented

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! You absolutely have talent :)

    http://mynameissylwia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete